• September 1990: Creation
of an ad hoc committee to prepare a meeting of organizations affected by the
MSSS (ministry of health and social services) reform
• April 1991: First meeting of the provisional committee about the purpose of the reform
• November 1991: The role of the ROC de l’Estrie is established with respect to the Régie régionale
• November 1992: Founding meeting. The ROC is officially created.
• November 1992 - June 1993: Local and regional consultation to establish the ROC’s structure
• May 1993: The ROC receives its letters patent and from this point forward is the official representative of community organizations in Estrie
• June 1993: General meeting to incorporate
• November 1993 – February 1994: Creation of three jobs
• March 1994: Creation of the ROCFORT newspaper
• October 1994: Assessment and wide consultation of the members
• 1995: Plan of action for the future
• 1996: The advisory committee for community organizations receives several basic demands:
- deal with regionalization;
- place greater emphasis on community organizations;
- have community organizations mobilize and share information to avoid isolation;
- offer technical support to community organizations;
- promote and defend the interests of community organizations.
• 2004-2007: Active participation of the ROC in planning and implementing local service networks
• 2008-2009: ROC de l’Estrie’s recurrent funding increases considerably. Not only is it celebrating its 15th anniversary, the association can now become more solidly established than in the past.